Service Advisor – Recreational Vehicles
If you are a natural people-pleaser and a good listener who also happens to love recreational vehicles, then our dealership has the perfect job for you. We need more than an RV Service Advisor; we need an outstanding communicator with a professional appearance and a strong work ethic, someone who is equally comfortable greeting customers as they are scheduling appointments and acting as a liaison between customers and service techs. Successful candidates will also have excellent follow-through skills and a sharp eye for details.
- Attitude is everything—greet service department customers promptly and courteously
- Listen to each customer and clearly articulate repair needs to techs
- Upsell recommended/additional services using low pressure, high integrity methods
- Provide accurate estimates of repair/maintenance costs
- Adherence to dealership policy on customer vehicle care and operation
- Follow up on each repair and keep customers informed of progress
- Sell and manage extended warranties
- Inspect repair quality and ensure that all work is complete
- Notify customers when vehicles are ready for pick up
- Review and explain repairs and associated costs with customers
- Handle minor customer concerns and complaints
- Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores in accordance with dealership standards
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma or equivalency degree is required. Experience in a service-related position is also preferred, but not necessary.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, company paid life insurance, 401K retirement and profit sharing, paid time off, holiday leave, company paid continuing education, training and employee discounts. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Tom Schaeffer's is family owned and has operated for over 60 years. Tom Schaeffer's has grown to be one of the most prestigious RV dealerships in the country in personnel, facility, product, diversification, and reputation. With the help of our customers and over 50 dedicated employees, we have been chosen as, "One of the Top 15 Dealers in America by the Association of RV Advisors." We proudly stock the finest RV's, such as Winnebago, Keystone, Grand Designs, Thor, Palomino and Forest River. Tom Schaeffer's has an award winning Parts & Service department with a body shop complete with a 55 foot paint booth. Whether you need a new or used RV, parts or service, you'll always be welcome at Tom Schaeffer's where "OUR QUALITY SHOWS."