RV SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Service Technician – Recreational Vehicles
RV techs know a little bit about everything—electrical, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, etc. If you can do any one of these, we’ll teach you the rest! To get started as a new RV tech in our dealership, you don’t need specific RV experience. But you do need to be handy, dedicated, responsible and professional. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs who see the value in a good day’s work for good a day’s pay.
- Examine and diagnose RV problems
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or RV service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to RV service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to RV service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update RV service advisor regularly
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on RV care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring RV technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, company paid life insurance, 401K retirement and profit sharing, paid time off, holiday leave, company paid continuing education, training and employee discounts. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
Tom Schaeffer's is family owned and has operated for over 60 years. Tom Schaeffer's has grown to be one of the most prestigious RV dealerships in the country in personnel, facility, product, diversification, and reputation. With the help of our customers and over 50 dedicated employees, we have been chosen as, "One of the Top 15 Dealers in America by the Association of RV Advisors." We proudly stock the finest RV's, such as Winnebago, Keystone, Grand Designs, Thor, Palomino and Forest River. Tom Schaeffer's has an award winning Parts & Service department with a body shop complete with a 55 foot paint booth. Whether you need a new or used RV, parts or service, you'll always be welcome at Tom Schaeffer's where "OUR QUALITY SHOWS."